Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Parrsboro

"Cape Blomidin"
6x6 oil on board
I painted two in a row of this view from our little cottage on the Bay of Fundy. 
I love the simple shapes and composition as the tide rapidly returns, erasing the sandbars. 
You'll notice a slightly warmer tone when I post the second one as the light was changing more toward the "golden hour". 
I have been traveling and visiting friends and family this summer. I've visited Monhegan Island, Block Island, Provincetown and of course, I love spending the summer in my backyard oasis here in Marshfield by the sea, watching my birds and bunnies and hanging out in my pool :D
Yes, it's a kiddie pool, but that's all I need.



2 comments:

art by Michael Perchard said...

Good morning Mary!
I am still out here.
Had to write a comment on your beautiful Parrsboro, Nova Scotia painting. Certainly love the way you captured that beautiful Maritime town! Also love your Marshfield pool!
Take care!
Your Massachusetts Art Buddy!
Michael

hmuxo said...

Beautifully painted Mary!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...